All our bags are packed

...we're ready to go! Big girl Ellie helped pack, she loaded up her Minnie suitcase with toys for her and her baby brother.  She even stuffed her boots full of toys (5 finger puppets, a fire truck for her brother, and a bottle and food for her dolly), funny kid! :) It looks like we're ready for a fun family vacation but that's not quite the case. Today we made the 3hr drive to Sudbury, for the next week Mike and the kids will stay with family while I have surgery to repair my broken leg/hip. If all goes as planned I should be able to go home in 3-5 days, and hopefully once healed I will not only have better range of motion but I should be in a lot less pain.  Fingers crossed!

I don't usually get nervous about surgery but two separate doctors have cautioned me about bleeding, the need for transfusions, and what my wishes are should I die during surgery...So this time around I'm a bit nervous. Positive thoughts though, all will go well and recovery will be quick.

So tonight I relish time with my family and eat a delicious "last" meal, yummy Chinese food,  courtesy of my mom.

Tomorrow we have to register at the hospital bright and early at 730am, surgery is scheduled for 930 and should take three and a half hours. Nana will watch the kids for us, I've said it before but, YEAY for Nana's!


Ellie stands in front of our luggage, proudly showing the suitcase she packed
Big girl packed all by herself!

Ellie lays on a mattress with her babies, Aiden stands next to her sucking his thumb, both watch T.V.
T.V. watching is a perk of traveling 

Mommy and Aiden smiling for a picture while snuggling
Snuggly boy



Comments

  1. SWEET JENN -- I SO WISH I COULD HELP U GUYS. MY heart breaks when I think of how much you've been thru and still going thru.Just know that I love u and think of u as the daughter I never had and all my prayers are for u, hopefully things go well and see u at Christmas,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Moments Shared

Good body

A nightmares dream