#CANCERandCOVID

How is social isolation treating you? I keep losing track of the day/date, and at times my kids start to get a little too crazy for my sanity, but otherwise we're doing alright. We have admittedly watched far more TV than we should (the kids are lucky if they get 30 mins maybe 4x/week usually, but that's gone right out the window!)

What kind of activities have you done to keep busy? Post a pic or leave a comment down below.

A pile of colorful perler beads spread out in front of Ellie(4) making a "Rainbow kitty"
Here kitty, kitty, kitty!
We learned that Ellie loves Perler beads! And of course we have painted, and made lots of crafts. Ellie even made some claydough bunny sculptures of our whole family. We also had some sensory fun with kinetic sand, floam, playdough, silly putty...that was mostly for Aiden, but we all enjoyed it.

Mommy hold up he puppy and Ellie her colorful kitty
COVID K-9teen & Rainbow Kitty

We make sure to get some outdoor time every day, play soccer, splash in puddles, attempt a last few slides in the toboggan  before all the snow melts.
Ellie mid-air, jumping in a muddy puddle, with her fancy dress on. Aiden, in front of her on the right, getting ready to jump
Everybody loves jumping in muddy puddles!

Ellie kicks the colorful soccer ball while Aiden walks around in the snow, teddy observes
Sunny day soccer

Overall I'd say we have made the most of isolation, I think my kids are carrying on like its business as usual. Ellie has complained a few times she misses her friends and teachers, but she knows because of coronavirus we don't want to get sick or make others sick so we stay home.
She got to enjoy a video chat with her BFF, I snuck a picture of her, seriously she's 4 going on 14!

Ellie laying in her bed, legs crossed, having a video chat with her. Is she 4 or 14?
4 going on 14!
I did have one big revelation this week though...I am exactly the demographic that would die from the coronavirus. I may be young and relatively healthy, but I have terminal bone cancer and I receive my Kadcyla infusions every 3 weeks (https://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/targeted_therapies/kadcyla), leaving me at risk for infection and more susceptible to COVID 19. #CANCERandCOVID
 So I have to ask that everyone respect the urgency of this situation and #Stayathome! You may be young and healthy, you probably wouldn't die from COVID but I would (statistically speaking....and so far stats haven't been my friend.) So I beg you to just stay home.
If you need groceries please use your sanitizer, cough or sneeze into your sleeve, respect social distancing, and make it quick. This isn't the time to stand around chatting with everyone you know, you can call them safely from the comforts of your home. Get your groceries and GO HOME! Please, for my sake.

If you need some credible information have a look here:
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

I hope you are all staying safe and healthy!

Family puzzle fun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments Shared

Good body

A nightmares dream