Struggles and victories

In May 2018 doctors stabilized my right femur (where large tumors from the breast cancer spreading to the bone caused it to break) with the insertion of a metal rod and pins.
 Just over a year later my femur fractured again so in November 2019 I had a second surgery.


It's been 3 months now and I'm happy the second surgery appears to be healing better than the first. I do wish there would have been time to do the hemiarthroplasty with a bi-polar implant the first time but I know that wasn't an option. But now, I know the difference and my "new hip" is much better than the rod.

PT last week said I was progressing well and I thought so too. But even this great progress is nowhere near the strength and mobility that I had just two and an half years ago.
Cool, I can struggle enough to get both my socks on!(most of the time) But not that long ago I could run and jump, I could hike a mountain 9 months pregnant, I could flop down on the floor and just as easily hop back up.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to be improving,  but sometimes I really miss what I've lost. Noone tells you about the these little things. Yes dying is sad but there's all these other  losses like this that don't even cross your mind. But I guess that's just the way it is, everyday is a struggle, and a tiny victory.

Cheers to the tiny victories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments Shared

Good body

A nightmares dream